- The Foreign Investors Council contradicts Tudose: Companies do not support the transfer of contributions. Net wages will be affected (Multiple sources)
- The Coalition for Romania's Development warns the Government: This climate is destructive for any type of economy (Multiple sources)
- Romania, in the top of the biggest honey exporters in the EU. Apiarists sent honey for export at an average price of RON 16 per kilogram in 2016 (Source: zf.ro)
- INS: Romania's imports of energy products rose 15.7% last year (Source: bursa.ro)
- Metallurgical industry, at its lowest level of the past 4 years. Over 100 companies disappeared, more than 1000 employees left (Source: profit.ro)
- Risk perception increases in Romania. The cost of Government funding - at the maximum level of the past 3 years (Source: cursdeguvernare.ro)
- The new offer whereby banks want to persuade Romanians to take a loan, despite Robor explosion: Mortgage loans with fixed interest (Source: zf.ro)
- MAXIMUM LEVEL OF THE PAST THREE YEARS 3-month Robor climbed at 1.89% (Source: bursa.ro)
- The Government approves the initiation of the procedures for building 5 regional hospitals, others than the EU-funded ones (Source: cursdeguvernare.ro)
- Titus Corlatean: The ambassadors of the USA and the Netherlands have put pressure on me for appointing Laura Codruta Kovesi in the "top position" (Source: cursdeguvernare.ro)
The conclusions of the FIC consultation process with its members: companies do not welcome this measure, because they do not understand its economic rationale. The Government did not carry out an impact study to quantify all its effects, which means that the risk of unintended consequences is extremely high. There is no certainty that once the contributions are shifted, there will be no new taxes on employers. The fluidity of fiscal policies makes planning difficult, and at the same time it raises the fear that, if misaligned decisions make public finances unbalanced, they will be repaired by tax measures taken inadvertently.
Foreign investors to Tudose: Companies do not support the transfer of contributions (Source: revista22.ro)
Foreign investors contradict Romanian PM on contributions’ transfer (Source: romania-insider.com)
Romanian and foreign companies close ranks and reproach the Government: Why don't you listen to us? Stop the shock therapy! Investors are waiting to see what happens to the fiscal tittup (Source: profit.ro)
Romania can live the moments from 2009-2010 again if we do not do what is needed, Dragos Anastasiu, the representative of the Coalition for Romania's Development, said underlining that there is a "deep concern" caused by three shortages in the economy: real dialogue, predictability and labor force. The Coalition for Romania's Development gathers the big business associations from Romania, employers, Romanian Business Leaders, Foreign Investors Council (FIC), the US Chamber of Trade, Romanian Businessmen Association, the embassies of the 26 EU states, at the level of commercial attache, and the Embassy of the USA and Canada, in order to offer the coherent basis for consultation with the Government and other public institutions on topics impacting the Romanian economic and business climate.
Business environment: "Stop the shock fiscal therapy. Romania loses investments and competitiveness" (Source: cursdeguvernare.ro)
The big business organizations reject the small fiscal revolution (Source: ziare-pe-net.ro)
"Provided that the highest income inequity is recorded in Romania and nearly one quarter of workers (that is people who have a job!!) enter the category of poor, the Government goes ahead with puzzling measures, supported by no segment of the society (inclusively the Foreign Investors Council is against this measure), which lead the society to the opposite direction: it makes workers poor and burdens them, it deprives them of rights in front of employers and deteriorates the public services".
The demission of the labor minister, Lia Olguta Vasilescu, is requested (Source: antena3.ro)