- While economy grows, investors' confidence decreases (Source: priainfo.ro)
- #FIS2017 | Franz Weiler (FIC), confirmed speaker at BR’s Foreign Investors Summit (Multiple sources)
- Meeting with Eric Stab, ENGIE Romania (Source: ccifer.ro)
- Romania, first in Europe in wine production growth rate (Source: zf.ro)
- CNIPMMR: The new work insurance contribution, of 2.25%, will increase taxation (Source: agerpres.ro)
- ANALYSTS: Fiscal amendments - good and bad at the same time (Source: bursa.ro)
- AAFBR: Imposing the turnover tax facilitates fiscal optimization. The state can lose at least RON 334m (Source: cursdeguvernare.ro)
- Consumer Protection considers the commissions for cash withdrawals from the credit card illegal. It has fined CEC Bank (Source: profit.ro)
- NBR calms the exchange rate and Robor through a new injection of liquidity worth RON 4.12bn (Source: economica.net)
- Orban: We submit the simple motion against the finance minister Tuesday; against the energy minister - next week (Source: agerpres.ro)
The Foreign Investors Council (FIC) publishes twice a year the results of the Business sentiment index survey conducted among its members. Romania has an opportunity to build on the current economic growth and become one of the top 10 economies in the European Union in the next 20 years, but it has to do so wisely ensuring the sustainability of long-term investments and reforms. Constantly changing fiscal policy with measures being announced and then dropped has had a powerful negative effect on the trust of investors. Equally, perceived or real dangers for the rule of law in Romania, translate into less trust on behalf of investors. Last but not least some of the public discourse that tries to play foreign against local, large against small investors has lowered trust and increased uncertainty. Equally worrying are the increased number of instances when officials are using misleading or false information in order to slander certain industries or economic sectors.
#FIS2017 | Franz Weiler (FIC), confirmed speaker at BR’s Foreign Investors Summit (Source: business-review.eu)
Franz Weiler, president of the Foreign Investors Council, is one of the key speakers of the fourth Foreign Investors Summit (FIS), the 3-day exclusive business event organized by Business Review between October 31 – November 2 in Bucharest. Weiler will speak in the first day of the event in the Country Strategy panel. The FIC is one of the largest business associations in Romania whose members have created around 200,000 jobs in the country.
How can Romania develop its potential as destination for foreign investments? Find out at Foreign Investment Summit (Source: romaniapozitiva.ro)
Who are you? I am the PDG of Engie Romania and I also coordinate the activity of Engie group in the Eastern Europe (Poland, Slovakia, the Czech Republic), area where the group achieves an approximately 1.3bn euros turnover and has about 5000 employees. Moreover, I am the vice president of the Foreign Investors Council at present, after having had the honor to preside over it during two mandates, and member in the Executive Committee of the Coalition for Romania's Development.